When was the last time you wondered if you were doing what God wanted you to do?
For me, the answer was just this morning. #truth
If we only KNEW for sure what God was calling us to do, we would jump on it in a heartbeat. Right?
If we were absolutely confident God wanted us to say, pursue a certain major….
Write that book…
Start a blog…
Open the business of our dreams…
Go back to school…
Begin a ministry …
Take on that role…
If we only knew 100% for sure, we’d be there.
But having this kind of clarity is often hard to come by, isn’t it? It’s one of the biggest reasons why we fail to excel in the identity, purpose, gifting, assignments, and calling God has for us.
I have a specific way I like to address this issue. I call it “Getting God’s Yes” and it involves following the admonition of Ephesians 5:17, “Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is,” and so through Him, our “Amen” is spoken to the glory of God.”
Understanding His will and having the confidence of His “YES!” (to the point we give a hearty “amen” with our entire lives!) is so important. When we are sure of the Lord’s will and confident of His approval in our daily activities, we can run all out, be all in, give it everything we have, and know our labor is not in vain in the Lord.
But without it? We are doubtful and unsure, like the double-minded man mentioned in James, tossed to and fro without direction. And falling short of what we could be. (Sad story)
Friend, do you have full confidence in God’s YES where you’re at right now?
Are you more like a ship sailing full steam ahead, with purpose and intentionality?
Or are you more like an unanchored buoy, floating however life turns?
Time to think about it.
Knowing the will of God and getting into the will of God sometimes are two different things. Sometimes there is a transition mentally for you to break down barriers so you can get where you’re supposed to be.
Maybe you know right now what God wants you to do and you’re not there. Realize what’s going on and don’t give up. Doing the will of God is the best thing anyone can ever do.
When you finally transition to where God wants you to be, you will position yourself to live in God’s supernatural power, provision, and protection.
Here are 6 things to know God’s will in your life:
- Listen to the voice of God by reading His Word. You can’t recognize God’s voice if you don’t read His Word. His will is revealed there.
- Listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit. We are to expect the Holy Spirit to lead us as we are promised in Romans 8:14
- Listen to the desires in your heart. God gave you the desires that aren’t contrary to the truth in the Bible. As you delight in Him,
- Listen to the counsel of your godly, older, seasoned, mature spiritual leaders. They can tell you things to consider before you make decisions. They can also keep you away
- God can also speak through your circumstances. You can’t decide everything based on your circumstances but you can’t also ignore circumstances. When things are lining up, maybe it’s a green light. When the doors are closed, maybe it’s the devil hindering you, or may also be God closing the door. So, listen very well.
- Listen to the voice of faith. Maybe you have to stretch and grow. God wants you to go from strength to strength. Here’s the thing, when God wants you to do something, it always requires faith.
If all or most of these things line up, then you probably have God’s yes.
If you have a green light, charge.
If you have many nos, wait. It doesn’t hurt to wait.
Thank you for reading thus far.
I will be landing in your inbox again next week – well, not me physically, my post at least.