Just very recently I saw someone post a graphic on a Messenger Group Chat on which I am obliged to be a part. The graphic has the following words – “Proposing to a Lady at age 30 is not engagement, it is called rescue mission“.
Whoever authored that quote, I have the following questions:
- A “rescue mission” from what?
- Whatever you answer is to that first question, you think we need to be rescued from it? And the “it” refers to your answer to my first question.
- If you answered yes to the second question, I’d like to ask why?
- And whatever your answer is to the why question, do you think that the essence of this one life we have is just be proposed to? To be married? To give birth to children before our biological clock gives in?
- Is that what life is all about to you?
At the risk of sounding like a sour-grape old maid (which usually is the case), I’ll say it anyway Continue reading