Hi! I have questions for you. Have you ever found your true purpose in life? have you ever been felt a wondrous feeling of freedom from the deepest core of your heart? or maybe even a life-changing moment that made you come to a point in your life where you become transformed from within? Think about it. haha!
LIFELINE defined as a line for saving life;something to grasp when there is danger; a support that we can depend on or which provides a means to escape from difficult situations. On the other hand, Jesus became a lifeline to me. He was my aid when i felt trampled by the pain caused by my past,he pulled me through when i almost drowned for being against the current, He was my only hope when i was at the lowest point of the ocean searching for answers; and he gave me the truth and a new life that set me free from the prison of my own mind.
I’m Cyra, and this is how Jesus saved me.
When i was in my childhood, i was practically being taught to listen and obey to whatever my mother tells me. As a child, i was well taken care of and i felt so loved. However, the thing is that my family does have a culture of comparing things or person to the other. Subsequently, the love that i always felt given me by my mother stirred up by a feeling of anxiousness when she often rather compares me to my younger sister.There was a point in my life when i tried to do a self-harm by banging my head against the wall for thinking i wasn’t good enough. After what happened, i felt like the only way to appear worthy was to obey what other people thinks good or right for me and what could make them happy. But even so, i became dependent to whatever decisions my mother wants for me (for in that way, i would know that i am doing my best through her compliments and from other people as well). Growing up, i felt stuck and i didn’t know what i really want. In the consequence to that, i became secretive and fearful that even the slightest thing makes me feel nervous just like asking for any permission for i was afraid that it would make her feel angry. Fast forward, when i was in grade 10, i fell in love (because i was young and dumb), i had a boyfriend which my family knew but later than that, grade 11 the relationship i had with him became noxious and the worst part was i stayed but not until he said the worst phrase any woman could not be able to tolerate and adding to that, the feeling of disrespect and unworthiness caused me to feel numb; numb but felt so free, i felt at peace and joyful that i couldn’t fully contemplate. In relation to that, this is how God revealed himself to me…
It was Sunday afternoon of 2019 when we were about to worship, a sudden tears fell out of my eyes, i was thanking the Lord when i’ve profoundly come to realized, i can now receive from him. I can now feel what being free feels like, the incomprehensive feeling of love he has for me when he took me out and pulled me through from the snare of brokeness amazed me. While worshipping him, i was constantly shaking and felt like Jesus spoke to me through one of the worship leaders saying, ” It’s okay, whatever circumstances you have right now, know that God is with you.” i was in awe and that’s where my journey through healing began. It was a lot of growing up and lesson that shaped my character today for i gained wisdom from the word of God.
5. Important lessons i’ve learned upod these unpleasant experiences that pointed me out to JESUS were:
- I realized, that even my circumstances are not great, he will turn bad things to good. (Genesis 50:20) NIV. “You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is being done, the saving of many lives.
- My value is deeply rooted in my identity in God, not dependent in people’s opinions. (Genesis 1:27) clearly says that “God made us in his image and likeness” (Psalm 139:14) says ” I am fearfully and wonderfully made.”
- We can only receive the truth (The word) from Jesus when we open our minds (set aside fixed mindset), Soften our hearts (humble ourselves), surrender to him all our worries, fears and doubts. (Proverbs 23:26) “My son, give me your heart, and let your eyes observe my ways” (James 4:10) “humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.” (Proverbs 3:5) “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.” (1 Peter 5:7) “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
- Forgive yourself and forgive the people who hurt you. Ask for forgiveness to God and repent. ( Acts 3:19) “Repent therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out” ( Ephesian 4:31-32) “Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.”
- Be ready to be transformed and obey. (James 1:21) NIV “Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.”